Welp! Another eventful week in the city that never sleeps. Last weekend was really fun. I went out karaoking with a bunch of my nursing friends. It was one of those private room deals so no one has to embarrass themselves in front of a room full of drunk strangers. I was impressed by some of the singing voices on these girls & guys! If nursing school wasn't consuming our lives I'd say we should form a band.
It was all you can eat sushi & drinks for two hours which we definitely took advantage of! Best song of the night was "Empire State of Mind" which we all belted loudly on our feet.
Someone got a little too rowdy with a sushi roll!
Somehow in New York, a night out can go on for at least 8 hours. Bars don't close until 3:00 or 4:00 am & the times flies!
That next night I went on a date to the Meatpacking District. Dinner and a night out dancing until the wee hours of the morning, it felt very New York.
Don't worry, I studied all weekend, but then I had to get over to Sumana's to watch the Oscar's. She was crafting like crazy! I found it hilarious.
At school, it was blood pressure validation week which I needed plenty of practice with. More than anything I was just excited to get to use my stethoscope:
On Wednesday I was feeling exhausted after a long day of classes & I was hankering for a delish slice o' pizza. I went on a little adventure to find the perfect place and passed by some beautiful architecture.
I'd heard great things about Artichoke Pizza on 14th Street and had to see for myself.

It was just a little hole in the wall which is always a good sign.
The guys behind the counter were flippin around pizza dough and I knew I'd come to the right place when I spotted this guy:
I plumped for a slice of their classic spinach and artichoke. It was pretty heavenly, made all the more perfect by the fact that I ate it outside perched up to one of their standing tables. I loved watching people's faces as they walked by and drooled over the pizza.
Another night this week we went and saw one of our friend's boyfriends perform stand-up comedy. It was the first time that I actually knew the comedian on stage. I couldn't stop thinking how it'd be my worst nightmare to have to get up there and perform!
It was a great night with lots of laughs and good times with new friends. I'll just say that you meet the funniest characters in this city!
The bar was really cool inside, anytime the outdoors are brought indoors I'm a fan. It's like Disneyland!
Anyway, lots of studying to do. Hope you've all had a great week and post in the comments if you feel compelled!
Peace,
Jen








Dang. You make nursing school look like one big party. I wish grad school was that fun:)
ReplyDeleteHahah I was afraid it'd come off that way! :) I promise that I'm studying all of the time, it's just not so entertaining to post pictures of my textbooks!
ReplyDeleteI love that Sumana is painting on her own lap. So Sumana! It looks like you are having a blast! I love reading about your adventures! I want to come visit!
ReplyDeletei lol'ed at sumana. you two are having a ball back there :)
ReplyDelete